Do you need to know how to replace the keypad on a Blackberry Pearl 8130? Need to replace a keypad on the Blackberry Pearl 8120?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then this how to guide is for you.
Removing and replacing the keypad on a Blackberry Pearl is not too hard and you can buy new replacement keypads on eBay for under 20 dollars.
Click on the link below to see what is available.
To do this repair you will need a T6 torx screwdriver and a guitar pick (or any other small flat tip pry tool).
1. Turn off phone and remove battery.
2. Put the phone LCD side down.
3. Pry up lower bottom cover and lift gently towards the front side of the Pearl. There are 4 latches (2 in back, 2 in front) so be gentle. Refer to pictures below.
4. Remove the 2 screws on the bottom front of the Blackberry.
5. Remove the 2 screws on the backside near the top.
6. Remove the 2 sides pieces as shown below. Once both side pieces are removed, you will have access to the clips that hold the top and bottom cover together on the Blackberry Pearl.
7. Loosen the 4 clips on the sides using the guitar pick. See photo below for location of clips.
8. Lift off the back cover.
9. Flip phone over and remove front cover by lifting it up. As you can see, this exposes the blackberry pearl keypad.
10. Pick up top cover and push out old keypad from the front side.
11. Install new keypad by inserting into front housing key side down. Make sure the keypad is pushed down firmly on all the posts highlighted in red below.
12. Install top cover back on the main board.
13. Install bottom cover back on.
14. Press the two covers together firmly. Make sure the 4 latches snap back down.
15. Install the side covers back on.
16. Install the screws on the backside near the top. Removed in step 5.
17. Install the screws on the front side near the bottom. Removed in Step 4.
18. Install the lower cover removed in step 3. Make sure it is firmly seated and latched down.
19. Install battery and back cover
20. Power on and test.
Send a few text messages and enjoy the power of a fully functional Blackberry Pearl keypad once again.
Disclaimer: Disassembling your Blackberry Pearl 8100 Series Phone will void the warranty. Proceed with the following instructions at you own risk. www.crackedlcdrepair.com is not liable for any damage that may occur. This website is in no way related to or associated with Blackberry or any Mobile Carrier.