Is the Lens on you Sidekick 3 cracked? Too many scratches making it hard to see the lcd screen clearly? Then replacing the lcd lens cover on your sidekick 3 is what you need to do. This guide will show you how.
Replacing the LCD lens cover screen on your sidekick 3 is a fairly straight forward process. There are only 6 screws you need to remove. This repair will require a T6 torx driver and a number 0 Phillips screwdriver.
Buy a replacement Sidekick 3 LCD Glass Lens screen.
- Power down unit.
- Remove back cover and take out battery.
- Flip you sidekick screen halfway to access the two screws that need to be removed. One has already been removed in this picture. Remove the screws using the T6 torx driver.
- While still holding the screen in the half flipped position, gently lift the screen up and out.
Be careful not to touch the copper contacts or the connector. The pins on the connector of the base unit are very fragile.
5. Put the LCD screen assembly upside down on a soft surface (to avoid scratching). There are 4 screws that need to be removed before your can removed the old lcd screen cover. You will need a size 0 Phillips screwdriver for these.
6. Remove the two screws shown below.
7. Remove the other two screws shwon below. You will need to rotate the flex cable/spring unit to access one of them.
8. Flip the screen back over and gently pry the two corners on the bottom of the side with the flex cable.
9. Now that both edges are loose, grab the edge and gently lift screen backwards.
10. Now, install the new LCD screen cover in the reverse order. Start the installation in the position in the photo above.
11. Once the cover is on, press down firmly on edges to make sure they are snapped into place.
12. Flip LCD unit over and install 4 screws you removed earlier. Be sure to move flex swivel unit out of the way for the one screw. Once the screws are in, it is time to reassemble phone.
13. Prepare the LCD screen Assembly for installation. Make sure the spring unit is aligned as shown. Fail to follow this step can cause the screen not to flip properly. If it is not aligned as shown, rotate spring assembly until it is.
14. Rotate the screen to the half flipped position and install in base unit. See picture in step 4 for the proper angle to install. Once installed, slowly release the screen and allow to flip into position.
15. Rotate screen to the half flipped position and install the two screws removed in step 3 and tighten them down.
16. Test the flip action of your phone. It if doesn’t work right, remove screen and go back to step 3.
17. Once the flip action is working, it is time to reinstall the battery and back cover.
18. Power up you phone and enjoy your Sidekick 3 in all it’s glory.
Disclaimer: Disassembling your Sidekick 3 will void the warranty. Proceed with the following instructions at you own risk. www.fixmysidekick.com is not liable for any damage that may occur. This website is in no way related to or associated with T-mobile or Danger Inc.
Originally posted 2008-12-21 21:24:49.
- How to Replace the Sidekick LX Faceplate and LCD Lens Is your Sidekick LX LCD lens frame cracked? Don’t like...
- How to Replace a Sidekick 3 Screen Sidekick 3 Screen Replacement Replacing the LCD assembly flip screen...
- How to Replace Sidekick 2008 LCD Assembly Did your Sidekick 2008 LCD screen get cracked? Backlight burned...